Tuesday 24 January 2012

O/p and Kink

We are both getting a bit better but it is happening far slower than both of us would like, but it is good that we are hopefully en-route to being better. It is a good job our relationship is based on so much more than just kink.

As many know, an O/p relationship is not based on kink (pity in some ways) but like most things, life comes along and puts things in the way sometimes. So when for example we are unwell, there is not much active kink going on, but the power exchange is ever present. I find this comforting as it means there is a firm and solid foundation to our relationship.

I think that in many new relationships there is what is referred to as 'the honeymoon period'. For some people this may never actually end, but for the vast majority there is often some 'cooling' of desire and I think this is perfectly normal. How much it cools and how quickly will obviously vary with individuals. I personally feel that if a couples primary attraction was kink that in time this may unearth some issues for either one or both parties.

Life also throws us other people to consider, such as others living in the household, especially children. There is for many of us, the 'right time and right place'  to practise our more active elements of our relationships.I would never want anyone to hear my shrieks and cries for mercy, for my benefit as well as for theirs.

Illness and age are two other factors, I like to think I am still very sexually active but in all honesty I am not as active as I was when I was younger and I dare say in another 20 years my 'activity' might be non existent, if I am still alive that is.

So for me, the fact our O/p is not based on kink (although we both adore it) is a very positive thing because there is so much else to enjoy (endure) in an O/p relationship. It also means if 'kink' is out for one reason or another we still have a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment