Saturday 9 April 2011

Well things are starting to get a bit more back to normal, which is a good thing. When I am not where I should be I feel a bit lost and that tends to make me feel disconnected. When everything goes smoothly it is easy for me to maintain the right frame of mind and I seem to become immersed in my submission. When it becomes difficult, I start to feel like I am drowning and when this happens, just like a drowning person I tend to grab hold of whatever is nearest (MT) and end up dragging her down with me.

It is important this pattern gets broken as it is very damaging to both of us. At the moment, I am floating merrily along and it is a nice feeling to be getting back to normal. I still have a way to go but feel much more settled again.

Last night I was sent to sleep with the dreaded njoy, today feels rather bruised and sore, especially when I took Cati out for a spin. I was allowed a can of cider tonight which was a real treat,  I haven't had one for ages so it is being drunk very slowly.It is funny how things change, before being owned I would never have sipped and savoured a pint of cider, it would have been necked down in minutes (seconds sometimes).

It is often these smaller things that I notice the most, the cider was much more significant than the soreness, strange world isn't it.

2 comments:

  1. I recognize my own pattern in that drowning sensation, and the fear of dragging W down with me. I, too , have to find a way to break it.

    I am glad you are having smoother sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a hole in my boat :)

    ReplyDelete