Thursday 16 June 2011

Saying goodbye

Yesterday we travelled 210 miles to stay overnight at my brothers house. Today was my father's funeral. It was somewhat different to any other cremation I have been to. Three songs were played ( of rather strange and depressing choice made by my step mother) and a humanist gave a somewhat inaccurate account of my Father's life.It was one of those moments when I had to firmly bite my tongue and harness the desire to yell out some truths. But of course I did not.

I mourn more for the life I should have had with my Father than I do for the loss of the life we actually had.

My Mother was cremated at the same place eleven years ago and I have to admit I felt more sad reading her plaque than I did at my Father's service.

MT was an absolute rock, I love her so much. She was everything I needed plus so much more.

I am so glad it is over, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, now it it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment