Monday 25 July 2011

My Way before slavery

As I have some time I thought I could do a second blog but this time a bit more focused on perhaps how I ended up in this old slavery thing.

Even now, I still can not believe I am a slave and I have 'almost' given up trying to work out how and why it happened, so I mainly just get on and enjoy it.

I suppose I have always been a bit of a thrill seeker, Throughout my life I have often (most of the time actually) flown in the face of 'the norms' and pretty well much done my own thing. In some ways this worked out well, in others it was on a range from slight advantage down through all the levels to absolute disaster. BUT, I was always somehow content that 'I did it my way' as the old song goes.

I have always had the view I would prefer to live less years at a fast pace than live many years at a slow one. An easy philosophy perhaps to have when one is young, not so easy as life's end draws closer.

I have had many downs, but I have had so many ups too. I feel certain I would not have had such a range of experiences had I not had my cavalier attitude to life and disregard for the approval of society.

As a youngster I sacrificed my eduction for sex, drugs, alcohol, partying and even more sex. I have had one major successful career as a fire officer and several other short successes in private sector management and security and now work for myself. The education time I threw away as a kid was made up later by part time study and then by going to university part time to gain a post graduate qualification  in business studies. So I managed all that fun plus some qualifications as well, I was lucky, but I am also a very determined person.

Relationships were numerous, so many girls came and went I lost count years ago. Many would see this as a failure, well if the objective was to find someone and fall in love and stay together for ever, then I was very very unsuccessful. But, if the agenda was to have variety and fun, then I think there was an element of success.To be honest, I would have really liked to have met someone who was sooooo special I never could be without them, but that did not happen then. They were perhaps sometimes 'special' for a while but the feeling soon wore off for me and when it did, then that was the end.

I have owned many expensive and beautiful items, but ended up either giving them away or selling them. They were transient things, again, nothing ever lasted, I did not want them enough once I had them.

I decided to travel and I did, quite extensively considering my background and my career commitments. I have met so many diverse and wonderful people and some real total arseholes, it has been a tremendous privilege to have experienced it.

But , for all of the above, I was never truly happy, yes there were fleeting moments. Yes, I did more or less whatever I wanted, how and whenever I wanted to within reason. But, there was always something missing, I always wanted something else, I just never knew what it was.

So when I met MT and had tried pretty much everything in life there was to try I decided to give the old slavery thing a try...............and I have never been happier. I also know it never would have happened if it had not been MT....there is that something special between us and I finally found the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi N,

    Those of us who have found that special partner are exceedingly fortunate.

    Best,

    scott
    Mrs. Kelly's Playhouse

    ReplyDelete