Saturday 9 July 2011

When slaves struggle

Whilst there are many obvious similarities between vanilla relationships and O/p relationships there are of course many differences. In some ways I find O/p easier but generally speaking I find O/p much more difficult. In a vanilla relationship, when there are problems it is often easier to distance yourself a little from your partner and give yourself some breathing space.In O/p, as a slave we are often still required to perform our duties, and this is an area where I definitely find it more difficult.

When I feel aggrieved about something the last thing I feel like doing is being bossed around or even when asked politely to do something I feel not inclined to obey, but usually do albeit with a bad attitude. We all react in different ways to such situations, I tend to withdraw and reduce or even cease communication. There are occasions where I do the opposite of course and have a good old rant and rave.

When things are not going right in vanilla land it is acceptable (sort of) to argue and get in a rage and in my case often leads me to hurling abuse of various types at the other party. But of course in an O/p relationship this is not acceptable. It is such a difficult aspect for me, all my instincts want to go one way and my slave head tries to stop me. As time passes, 'slave head' is winning a few more than it loses, but there is still room for improvement.

When everything is all rosy I am happy in my service and doing things for MT gives me great joy and a feeling of  fulfillment. But, when things are stressy I often start to feel used when told to do something. It can be a very minor trivial task but it can even feel almost like abuse at the time. I have to try exceptionally hard when this happens. The sensible me knows of course that I am not being used differently than normal, it is my emotional/psychological state that has altered and creates these negative responses.

I do not think I am alone feeling like this , I am sure many other slaves have similar experiences sometimes. The 'phase' always passes, sometimes quicker than other times, but it does pass. And when it does, I return to the peaceful, tranquil, fulfilling state of contentment of serving my Owner.

Tonight MT is feeling unwell and is considering seeing the GP to get steroids, so I am trying to be extra attentive. Shortly I will be giving her a full body massage to help ease her aches and to relax her and I am really looking forward to providing this for her.

1 comment:

  1. N, I realize(forgive the bastard, Americanized spelling!)you wrote this well over a week ago, and I've come back to read it again.
    The trouble with living with your Owner is precisely that you cannot get away from the control.. ever. You are expected yes, to obey! This is what I find very difficult sometimes. I like obedience in principle; as a fantasy; but in reality, sometimes frankly, it bites.

    Thanks for posting this. It truly is food for thought.

    ReplyDelete