Monday 14 March 2011

Lazy day

Another lazy day, well fairly lazy. We went to Ely and mooched around for a while. It was a really nice sunny day, quite chilly but good for this time of year. We had lunch out and just generally browsed around the shops. Then it was off to the supermarket to do the first of the two a week shops. I find food shopping so boring, especially when I am still trying to watch my weight, which has unfortunately gone up a few pounds over the last couple of months. I keep putting off the inevitable stricter diet but it will have to be soon.

Monday is usually my gym day, but for the third week in a row I did not go as I still do not feel well enough. When I do get back to it, it will feel like starting from scratch again. I will probably have to reduce the weight by at least 10 Kg for some exercise and maybe more for others.Of course it is not that crucial but I do find it much harder these days, my motivation is sometimes lacking. The amount of effort required for the outcome sometimes seems just too much.

This week is a hard one workwise, some tricky jobs and some which are quite strenuous.As my back is pesky I expect the painkillers will get a bit of a hammering.

First day off is Sunday, I miss retirement.

1 comment:

  1. Some thoughts on the weights... you may be surprised at how well you can lift after a break. At our age the body seems to enjoy the recuperation time. Try lifting the same weights, but drop the reps and/ or the sets. It is quicker to come back from that way. Hope that helps :D

    ReplyDelete