Monday 10 October 2011

Perspective

I think one of the things that can happen in any type of relationship is a difference of perspective. There are times when I think and feel that I am being a good obedient piece of property only to find out that MT is holding the opposite view. The same can happen in reverse, ie I think I am not being particulary good but MT thinks I have been (it seldom happens this way round, not sure if I could actually find an example).

Perhaps some of this comes down to perspective. Of course communication as always is a key, but sometimes I think I either do not hear what is required or perhaps misinterpret it or perhaps, subconsciously I turn a deaf ear to it.

It may be that sometimes I think 'Oh well that does not seem important I can do this instead'. Only to find out I am in deep trouble yet again. Many reading this will think the answer is simple (in theory it is...unless of course you are me). Listen to what you are told, seek clarification if unsure and then carry out said instruction .....simple. Well it would be , but somehow I either get distracted or stressed, or over enthusiastic or sidetracked or give something else instead because I think it is better or perhaps even easier or a combination of any of them.

I have never been a person to await instruction or direction, my life involved me directing, orchestrating and determining just about everything around me.In fairness, it also involved me usually not doing what other people wanted me to do.

Is it any wonder I find being property so difficult. Guess I shall jut have to keep trying harder, it's a tough world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment