Tuesday 18 October 2011

What O/p is to me

When I refer to MT I often use the term 'Mistress' it is something that started not long after we first met and has continued to be used. Neither of us particularly like the name and have spent some time trying to find a title that sounds more appropriate for us. So far, we have yet to use anything else, apart from Owner.

Neither of us are really people that try to fit in with convention, we both just try to be ourselves and do not worry about protocol.When out in the BDSM and Femdom community we have often raised more than a few eyebrows by our lack of accepted protocols. Of course this has not bothered either of us, we do not feel any need to attain approval.

Recently on FL some people have said about their relationships ' There is more to us than just O/p' .

The comment struck me quite hard and I had to really try and contain myself from responding. I tried to fathom how they could possibly make this statement and yet claim to be in an O/p relationship. I also wondered if it was a miscommunication in terms of their phraseology, but after a while it became evident from subsequent postings that O/p was seen as 'part' of their relationship.

We are all different, diversity is good but I just can't get my head around the concept that O/p is just part of someones relationship. For MT and I, O/p IS our relationship.

Of course there are numerous facets which exist within our relationship, things such as love, romance, friendship, sex, companionship and providing care to mention just a few.

MT owns me, this is total, she controls everything, even the things where she devolves responsibility to me for. She decides what, when , where , how and with whom etc for a whole host of things.

In my opinion O/p encompasses everything, there is nothing outside of it, there can't be, because if there was something not included, then we could not possibly be in an O/p relationship.

When discussing this with MT she reminded me that a long time ago I used to sometimes say something like    ' Oh that's not part of O/p ' usually when it was something I was none too happy about or had just not been thinking straight. Perhaps it is part of the transition process and becomes everything over time.

Sometimes I forget the changes I have undergone and how different my life has become. Reflecting on the past and comparing it to where I am now still sends a shock wave through me every now and then.

The journey is far from over and no doubt some routes will be re-travelled but I am looking forward to it, well most of it ,anyway......not the hurty bits..

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I agree and see that everything even love spirals out of the O/p for us too. I don't look forward to the hurty bits either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm new to your blog and have spent much of my evening reading, with enjoyment, your posts.

    As a submissive female in a 24/7 M/s union, I can identify with many of your values and situations and hope you won't mind if I add you to my 'blogs I follow list'.

    I very much look forward to future posts.

    Kind regards,

    DY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so very much for your comments.

    It will be a pleasure having you follow my blog DY and to have it on your list.

    The hurty bits...well they sort of hurt...and MT is a pretty harsh sadist.

    Best wishes to you both N

    ReplyDelete