Sunday 30 October 2011

Unwell Owner with an unwell slave.

Unfortunately, MT and I both seem to have a virus and we are both feeling crap. Sore throats, chesty and high temperature all combined with extreme tiredness and exhaustion. It is excellent timing, as yesterday, today and tomorrow we have time we could spend together with no work or other commitments.

We are both still mobile but had to go to the supermarket today and that was just too much. Keeping going when you have to though is what everyone has to do, we really could do with another slave....a healthy one.

I have managed to do some pleasure reading today though, which is nice. It is one of the few things I am permitted to do without having to ask MT for approval. In fact, she actively encourages it and sources me some excellent books to read. I have just started reading 'The Vagrants' by Yiyun Li, I particularly like it because it is set in China which is probably my favourite country I have visited.

It was one of those places I had wanted to visit for many years and I was so pleased that unusually,, the reality far outweighed my expectations.I spent a frenetic three and a half weeks touring by air, train, boat and road, it was incredible. I didn't manage to meet any obvious Chinese owners or property though.

1 comment: