Friday 25 February 2011

This bitch bitchin'

There are an awful lot of discussions on the internet which focus on the different types of power exchange dynamics. It would appear, that the latest/ newest/ considered baddest/ deepest/ most intense/ most whatever! at any time is the one that people want to be in.

Now whether they are actually in that type of relationship or not seems almost irrelevant to some. We have slaves without Masters/ Mistresses/ Owners/ who are twoo-er slaves that anyone else, because they have slave hearts. I would love to see a slave heart, but only once it has been detached from the body (joke - well sort of).  We also have Masters / Dominants and Owners who are full of 'Absolute Truths' though they actually have no-one to dominate, well except the forums they inflict their 'Truths' on. 

Some of these people are really good at talking the talk, but there seems to be great difficulty in walking the walk. Well, quite a few seem to have walked a walk but actually have ended up repeatedly falling over, I wonder why?

There are 'Great Truths' expounded - The Way to do this, The Way to do that and of course how not to do this and how not to do that. I am often left in total awe of these people, but not for the reasons they would like me to be. It's the 'Truths' that I object to. Be whoever you are doing whatever you do, but please save the 'Great Truths'

We get Maslow, Herzberg, Meyers Briggs et al and of course an enormous amount of other managerial type theory and of course military principles and practices. Now, I like to have an open mind and I enjoy all of the theoretical discussions and the great diversity of views and opinions....What I do not like are the exponents of ' truths' and ' that's not the way  you should be doing ...' Most of the time this comes from not only people with limited experience, no experience or repeated bad practice over many years which has led to a string of failed relationships.

I may be biased, but I like my way, it is simple (like me) also straight forward and guess what...it is actually honest. My way is this...I know some things, I think I know other things but sometimes I am mistaken, there are a lot of things I do not know. I am willing to learn and evolve and keen to do so. It works for me.

So, what do I think O/p is about;

Well, the O/p group definition lays out the basics , but of course the way it operates is different for many people, and that is not only cool, but it is a positive thing, diversity is great and in my humble opinion there is no 'one true way'.

But what do I think O/p is about ? Well, here is my short version -


  • Once I gave up my rights, I gave up my rights to everything.


  • Once I said ' I am your property' it meant, 'I am yours for however long you want me'.


  • You can do whatever you want to me physically and psychologically (but of course there will be implications).


  • It is about me trying to be whatever it is my owner wants me to be, not just when I want to, but always.


  • It means my life is not my own any more, from that moment on it meant my life belonged to my owner and my one and only priority was to serve her in whatever way she wants.


  • My needs/ wants are not important, I may crave them, but it is not up to me if they are met or not and if they are not then I will try my best to just get on with things.


  • I know I will fail / get it wrong / have a strop / sulk / act like a cunt sometimes and when I do, I expect to be put in line, punished, trained, developed, encouraged or whatever else can be done to make me a good slave.


  • It means, I will not be a priority, either sometimes or at all.


  • In short, it means.....I will do as I am fucking well told and if I don't...well my owner will decide the next move.

3 comments:

  1. Hi N,

    Seems like a reasonable definition. I envy the "freedom" you have to explore so in-depth.

    Having a child impacts at least the overt expressions of O/p here. We try to make time later at night for being "punished, trained, developed, encouraged."

    We're still sorting it out and won't likely get a handle on it until Em is out of school in April.

    Best,

    scott
    Mrs. Kelly's Playhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, N, just in case you didn't get it, the reason I really love what you have to say is that I feel it is true and straight from the heart.

    Best,

    scott
    Mrs. Kelly's Playhouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks scott, it is one of the reasons I like your blog as well. N

    ReplyDelete