Thursday 10 February 2011

Perceptions

Sometimes I forget what a strange existence O/p must seem to the majority of the human race. I also still find it incredible that I have become part of this strange phenomena in the way that I have. To those on the outside, we must seem quite bizarre, giving up all rights and all control to another person, leaving ourselves totally dependent on someone else.The fact we choose to live this way must really spin their heads.

Just out of curiosity, I sometimes wonder what they really think we must be like as individuals, and collectively. I wonder if they perceive us as people without strength/ ability/ self esteem/ courage/ drive etc ? Do they see us as needy non functioning misfits who just want to to be controlled so that they do not have to make decisions or be responsible for their own actions ?

Of course, there will be a significant percentage of people who remain ignorant of our existence at all or of the whole principle of power exchange relationships at any level. To some, those who engage in BDSM are considered perverts and deviants who should have no place in society, imagine what those people would make of O/p.

The great thing about it though, is it does not matter to me at all what they think, it is my life and I am free to live it how I choose. I can honestly say that I find my life now much more fulfilling than before being property. I feel like it is where I belong.

In my opinion and from my own experience, to become property takes great strength, resilience, resolve, bravery and adventurousness. To me it was impossible to foresee what it would actually be like without having actually committing myself to it. I might have had romantic notions, and some level headed preconceptions but it transpired to be so much more and so much harder than I could have imagined.  

Nor did I perceive what a moving beast it would be, how when I thought I could not be any more enslaved than I was I would suddenly find myself launched onto yet another level. And I did not know, that sometimes, it would become so hard it would seem like my first day at it. The levels build and build and I find myself so far removed from the being I was when I first became enslaved. I know, I am only part of the way along an experience that will only terminate when life expires. I look forward to my future knowing I am in safe hands, knowing I will continue to grow and evolve.
_____

MT is still very unwell. She reports that her pain levels have decreased sightly which is positive, but she is looking very unwell, clearly in a lot of pain, and sleeping a lot. I really hope that she will start to feel better and be back to her normal self soon.

2 comments:

  1. We're all thinking of her and sending wishes for a reprieve soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kaya I shall pass it on to her, she is really unwell but hopefully will improve soon. Mind you, on a positive note it does mean I have had a reprieve from pain.

    ReplyDelete